Thursday, June 14, 2012

Disappointed Again

Today's post has nothing to do with my cancer story, just need to get these feelings out. I will get back to that story in my next post.

By now most of you who read my blog know"s that my life hasn't been the greatest the past couple years but I continue to hold my head up and stay positive and move forward. It is hard some day's. Finally about a month ago things were looking to change into a positive. Ever since I lost my job as a construction manager, I have been trying to get back into that with my old company and pretty much every home builder out there. With in two days I recieved two phone calls from national builders, one being my old company. Finally after three years of sending out resume's I was getting some calls back. Unfortuantly both were out of state, but I am willing to move to get where I went to be in life. I set up phone interviews with both of them and they went well, never heard back from one and my old employer called me back the next day to set up a second interview in Charlotte. Was happy to finally get some good news. Flew down to Charlotte a week later to meet the project managers and walk the sites, everything went great and they said the would contact me in a couple of days. I knew things went well since I recieved calls from my old bosses in MN that they were checking on my references.

Well I week or so went by and I never heard anything, was not that concerened and sent an e-mail to follow up and see if they made a decision on the position. There reply was that there was no decision and that they were waiting on final approval and would be in touch with me soon, I was under the impression that they had the approval already to hire somebody, why else would you have sombody fly in for a interview. So a couple more weeks went by and still no answer, at this point I just wanted to know, good or bad. Followed up last week with another quick e-mail to see if they had any new info for me. Unfortuantly today I got the bad news that they were putting a hold on hiring sombody, so either it is true or just a nice way of trying to tell me I did not get the job. Just very frustrating thinking that my dreams and goals I have set for myself may never come true.

Luckly  I have had some very good friends that have kept me employed the last year and a half and I am greatful for that but would love to be building houses again. I know they saying "everything happens for a reason", just wish I knew what that reason was.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Phil, I truly believe that they have put a hold on hiring, When we worked there money was not an issue for the company, and ALOT was wasted, if that money had been banked, things may not have gotten so hard for them. They are just being very careful and weighing all of their options prior to making any commitments. Even the company that I work at (A Law Firm) has cut us back to 4 day work week with 20%salary cuts. It's rough out there. The company that my daughter is looking for a landscaping foreman if that is something that you are interested in to hold you over. Notsure if you are working right now or not.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, I am working now with my friend doing landscaping sales and enjoy it.

      Delete