Saturday, October 20, 2012

Was happy to be out of the hospital, but still confined to my parent's house, not cleared by the doctors to drive or do any physical activites. I was still moving pretty slow around the house and not sleeping well, the pain of healing and having 30 some staples in my stomach did not help. Hoping that it would not take long to get cleared, as I needed to have some alone time back in Minnesota and irritated that I was not able to exercise (was not doing crossfit at this point). Everyday I was moving a little bit faster, but sleeping was difficult, could never really get comfortable and when I did the pain would kick in and wake me up. Usually every night around 3 or 4am I would wake up and not be able to fall back asleep, so I would just have to watch TV on the couch until I fall back asleep for a few more hours. This went on for weeks, and I knew once I was starting to get more mobile I would start chemo.

The only reason I was going to get chemo was because of my age, very rare for someone in there early thirties to get colon cancer. My odd's were greatly increased with being diagnosed with Crohns Disease when I was 17, surprised I didn't have any major problems before then since the severity of my case.
All I could think about chemo was what I heard and saw, would I lose my hair, how would I feel, what other side effects would take place. I mean they are injection a poison into my system and have no clue what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment